Tuesday, January 5, 2016

On the Lasting Effects of Pregnancy Brain

So, after my last post, my momentum died. You don't want to hear my sob stories (even though I REALLY want to bitch about them), so let's chalk it up to holidays with small children and leave it at that.

Anyway, for New Years I got myself the new Quilter's Planner and I organized my year!

Off the top of my head I counted 16 UFOs (at least have fabric bought for it). So my goal is to make a dent in the list before starting anything new.

I love the way she organized this page!

My first priority is to finish Thing 1's birthday quilt (started May 2014). Her birthday is February 9. I had 3 blocks pieced, plus 11 more blocks cut, HST made, and organized (ready for piecing).


Here's my funny story.

Thing 1's bed is a full size . . . The mattress is 53"x72".  The pattern makes a quilt that's 68"x72". All I should need to add are borders on top and bottom to make it fit the bed, right?

I stressed myself out a ridiculous amount on this quilt. For some unknown reason, I did a TON of calculations at the beginning to make the quilt 96"x107".

Why? The only thing I can think is that I was pregnant at the time. I blame pregnancy brain!!!!! All I really needed were some borders on top & bottom.

So I've been freaking out thinking I had to make 14 blocks instead of 7. Hee hee hee!

So, as of today I have 1 more block to piece (instead of 8). And each one takes me an hour and a half, so that saves me 10 hours of piecing!! Hurray!!!

I love my design wall! 

I have 1 block to fix (too bad I can't blame pregnancy brain for this one).


There are several things wrong, but I'm just fixing the VERY visible one!

And then I can piece the top! If I keep up with the 1 hour a day/4 days a week, I should definitely have it done by her birthday!!!

So here's to a new year, and to crazy math mistakes from 2 years ago that save you time!

Happy New Year!
EL

No comments:

Post a Comment